Our Link to the Past,Our Path to the Future
What's next for the Opera House?
The Historic C. L. Hoover Opera House is running out of room!
The amazing growth of our Fine Arts Academy now includes ASTRA (our after-school, middle school theater program), Act One (our grades 3-4 theater program), AIM (our preschool program), Act Two (our after-school high School theater program) and the Fine Arts Academy private lessons (for all ages including adults).
This success has left us scrambling for space.
The solution to this problem is to annex the building to the east of the Opera House (131 West 7th) and incorporate it into the Opera House Complex.
We have purchased the building and own it free and clear. Architectural Drawings and specifications by Bruce McMillan Architects are complete. Icon Structures, Inc. has been hired as our general contractor. With the unanimous approval of the Opera House Board, the contract has been approved for 2.4 million dollars. We expect work to begin this November (2022), with job completion in about ten months. That means we should be in and using the new facility by the end of next summer (2023).
We are so excited to share this information with you! Take a look at this brochure and consider how you might wish to be a part of bringing this dream to life.
Plans for Growth and Renovation
The addition and renovation of the property at 131 West 7th Street (directly adjacent to the present Opera House Complex) is the next step in the growth of our Opera House programs. Though our feasibility study is far more detailed, the bullet points below outline a few of the benefits this project would bring us.
• Two more rehearsal/meeting/event areas would be added to serve our growing education programs of our youth, the Junction City Little Theater and all our patrons.
• The Junction City Little Theater and Junction City Arts Council will have a first floor, store-front office easily accessible to everyone.
• A dedicated Art Studio space will be created to serve graphic art needs of our youth and adults.
• A Mini–Art Gallery will be created on 7th street.
• The additional room allows us to move our dressing rooms closer to the stage
• The relocation of our dressing rooms creates a larger, central space for our catering kitchen.
• Moving the present kitchen space would allow us to have a “green room” located close to the stage for our performers and dignitaries.
Building Donors as of 9/28/2022
Michelle Munson, Serban Simu
Nellie and Robert Smith Trust
$10,000 - $49,999
Suzie and Dave Lauseng
Josephine and Ruth Rago
$5,000 - $9,999
Jellison Benevolent Society
$1,000 - $4,999
Sheila and Joe Markley
Sue and Eldon Steinfort
Mary Kay Munson
Be a part of our bright future!
Naming rights are also available for:
-Junction City Little Theater Office - $15,000
-Junction City Arts Council Office - $15,000
-Catering Kitchen - $25,000
-2nd floor Atrium - $20,000
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
Sheila or Joe Markley at the Opera House.