Our Mission is to inspire, educate and enrich our youth via the theater experience.
Using theater as a tool, we will help our students develop their soft skills as well as further their theater arts experience.
The 2018-2019 school year will mark the launch of the ASTRA program. This exciting after school pilot program will be initially offered to Junction City Middle School students with plans to expand to other middle schools in the future.
This program is designed to not only be a fun experience, but also a life prepratory course. Using the theater arts as a tool, the instructors will teach the following soft skills:
- Critical Thinking
- Social Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
What's in a Day?
The students will be transported by USD 475 from the middle school to the Opera House at the end of the school day.
PARENTS/CAREGIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING THEIR CHILDREN NO LATER THAN 5:45 PM
- 3:15-3:30 - Students arrive
- 3:30-4:00 - Snack/Physical warm ups
- 4:00-5:30 - Script work, critiques, daily lesson, music/dance work
How to Enroll
- The course is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Course Start Date is 9/11
- The play production and final course date is 12/8
- Enrollment is limited to 25-30 students
- Cost is $100 for the term. Scholarships are available. No student will be turned down due to inability to pay.
- Click on the link below to download the application OR applications are available for pick up at the C.L. Hoover Opera House.